Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Thesis Journey

I worked a bit on my thesis tonight and I think I have made some progress.

First, I went through all the previous work and picked out key words:

  1. Part 9

  2. FlexHousing

  3. Fair Housing Act

  4. Case Study

  5. Recommendations

  6. List

  7. Practical

Then, I collected some questions and suggestions that had come up in feedback on my submissions:

  1. Who is it being designed for?

  2. Are these solutions practical?

  3. Elaborate on how you will apply the research.

  4. Will the result be a design? Will the design be built and tested?

  5. Why are there no provisions for accessibility in single family homes under Part 9?
So what have I come up with so far? Well, something poorly constructed but I think I'm on the right track:

A list of recommendations guided by the principles of FlexHousing and the Fair Housing Act of the cheapest and easiest renovations for addapting a Part 9 building to be more physically-handicapped accessible; Case Study

Maybe that's more of a title.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments, feeback, or information.