Thursday, March 26, 2009

Update

Thank you guys for the awesome posts that I've gotten so far. They are really helpful.

Unfortunately, a certain comment on my last assignment suggested that FlexHousing wasn't a good idea. Therefore, I am reverting back to my original topic, but it is still pretty close to FlexHousing, so all those comments are still applicable!

My topic will be: "The Benefits and Disadvantages of Modifying an Existing Home to be more Accessible for People with Disabilities."

I will be uploading a new outline, followed by the abstract shortly.

4 comments:

  1. Anika,

    This is probably a good idea as your topic would probably end up there anyway. Remember that the goal is to have an applied research report, not a informational report. Yes, you do have to give info in the applied research report, but it is not the main goal. Do you have a building or house in mind that you can use to test your ideas/designs on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anika. I think I have a contact you might be interested in. The structural technologist that was kind of my mentor at work this summer specialized in large condominium complexes. When I was there he worked on a lot of senior's homes in Alberta and British Columbia. He might be able to give you some useful information.

    Tyler Kerney:
    TylerKerney@trleng.ca
    (403) 244-4944

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anika,
    I found another book about remodelling for accessibility: Remodeling for easy access living by:Rick Peters

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments, feeback, or information.